Fr. Piotr (Peter) Prusakiewicz
No upcoming events scheduled...
Fr. Piotr (Peter) Prusakiewicz was born in Torun in Poland in February 1963 and ordained as a priest of the Congregation of St. Michael the Archangel on 23rd May 1990. He now lives in the main headquarters in Marki, Near Warsaw.
The main charism of the Congregation of St. Michael the Archangel is on the Holy Angels, as a religious order they run a publishing house, orphanages, schools, youth centers including working with the underprivileged and children with special needs. The Congregation are also involved in missionary work in 13 countries.
By God’s providence from 1993 – 1996 Father Peter served a chaplain to the Congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy in Warsaw where Saint Faustina started her religious life. For over 15 years he has travelled to many countries proclaiming and explaining The Divine Mercy Devotion. Since 2004 he has been the spiritual director of the UK English speaking pilgrimages to The Divine Mercy Shrine in Cracow, the Shrine of St Michael the Archangel in Italy and more recently to Warsaw and Vilnius in Lithuania.
Since 2004 Father Peter has also been appointed for the following:- He is chief editor of two magazines “Who is like God”, a Polish magazine on the topic of Holy Angels. Many people from different countries were interested in understanding more on the subject of the holy angels and St Michael the Archangel they often asked him ‘have you books or magazines in English on the angels’. The Divine Mercy and the holy angels go hand in hand. The first edition of The Angels messengers from a loving God for the English speaking world was published in March 2010. Many articles also include articles on Divine Mercy.
In 2004 Fr Peter was appointed The General Animator of the Knighthood of St Michael. The original Statutes were approved by the Superior General from the Congregation of St Michael the Archangel (CSMA) Poland in August 1994. In August 2013 the Devotional Knighthood of St Michael the Archangel was approved, many laypeople have since become knights. The Patron of the Knighthood is St Michael the Archangel.
- Bachelor of Philosophy, Krakow, 1986
- Master of Theology, Krakow, 1990
- Master of Psychology, Krakow, 1996
- PhD program in Spirituality at the Catholic University of Cardinal Wyszynski in Warsaw, 2003
- PhD Thesis “Christocentrism of the Spirituality of Blessed Bronislaw Markiewicz”
Pastoral Appointments and Selected Offices
- Parish Assistant at Holy Spirit Parish in Krosno, 1990-1992
- Chaplain to the Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy, 1993-1996
- Vice-rector of the Major Seminary in Krakow, 1996-1999
- Member of the General Council of the Congregation of St. Michael the Archangel in Marki, 1998-2004
- Since 2004 Father has been the Chief editor of “Who is Like God” and since 2010 editor of The Angels magazine.
- Speaker and retreat leader at many conferences, retreats and parish mission in Poland and in any other parts of the world such as Australia, Canada, Singapore, Papua New Guinea, United Arabic Emirates, Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales, Gibraltar, Spain, Italy, Germany, Uganda, USA and other countries