Home » Divine Mercy Miracle

Divine Mercy Miracle

This whole testimony is in tribute to Jesus in His wonderful Divine Mercy. It is also in tribute to my brother Frankie, for allowing me to publish his astonishing story.

My name is Joe Livingston, and I am Frankie’s eldest brother. The testimony begins on the night of 7th November 1998. I received a phone call to immediately go to the Glasgow Royal Infirmary. My brother Frankie had suffered a massive heart attack and the doctors were saying he would not make it through the night. So, the family gathered outside the Intensive Care Unit at the hospital. Gradually, as the minutes passed, everybody would try and visit Frankie in his private room.

As time went by, everyone was grieving about what could happen. It was then that I was prompted to go to his room. I was quite alarmed on entering the room; as I could barely see Frankie for all the tubes, life support machines and monitors.

I asked Frankie to lift a finger, if he could hear me. He lifted his finger; I then asked him if I could say a prayer for him called the “Divine Mercy Chaplet”,I asked if this was ok. He lifted his finger. I was happy now in the knowledge that I could proceed with the prayer, knowing that we were alone together. I then said the full Divine Mercy Chaplet; I felt a lovely peace as the Chaplet was recited. On completion of the prayer, I went outside to my distraught family members, happy in the knowledge that I had completed the special chaplet – without any interruptions and also pleased that it was completed discreetly.

After a while, everyone went home knowing that Frankie was still “hanging on”. Over the next few days and weeks, a miracle began to unfold. Here is my brother’s own words of what happened while he was at Celtic Park, a football stadium in the Parkhead area of Glasgow and the home ground of Celtic Football Club.

My life was slipping away
“On 7th November 1998 I suffered three heart attacks in one day and was left close to death, with only 30% function in my heart. I was at the Celtic versus Dundee game and had my first heart attack during the game. I was very lucky as two doctors were able to help me until the ambulance arrived. I was taken to the Glasgow Royal Infirmary, which is close to Parkhead Stadium, so that helped to save time. For the next few days I was kept in intensive care and I was slipping in and out of consciousness. The doctors and nurses battled for the rest of the month to keep me alive. I was given the Last Rites twice during this time. The doctor told my wife first, that my only hope was a transplant as they could not repair my heart. This was something I never even thought about; I assumed I might need a bypass at worst. When the surgeon told me that I needed a heart transplant I was in deep shock as I was entering into the unknown. Over the next couple of days I was getting weaker and weaker, I could not think straight, I was thinking that my life was slipping away; I was surrounded by my family and friends. I really do not remember much and I was very confused, I was on oxygen 24/7 and a great deal of strong medication in the hope that my condition would stabilize.

“About the first week in December I was given an assessment to check if I was suitable for a transplant and it was good news, they said yes. The nurse said I would be going on the transplant waiting list, all our prayers were answered and on Christmas Day 1998 I received the call at 7.30 pm to say a heart had become available. The operation was carried out that night, it was a total success and I am still here nearly 20 years later to tell the story. There is not a day that goes by when I don’t think about the donor family and the second chance they gave me, they will always be in my prayers.

My gratitude
“Words cannot express my gratitude to the doctors and nurses who saved my life and to my wife, daughter and my family for all their support. I would also like to thank the donor family”.

My brother Frankie is now 61 years old and I place him, his late wife June and daughter Joanne under the protection of Our Lord in His Divine Mercy. I thank my brother for the love he has shown me. I love him too and I will continue to thank Jesus, for the years we have still had Frankie in our midst.

Joe Livingston – Glasgow, Scotland www.foundationoftruth.org.uk